Dear Still Water Friends,
Breathing in calm.
Breathing out compassion.
Because of the Covid-19 outbreak, we are living through a time of exceptional uncertainty, risk, and fear. One of the most critical of the public health measures is drastically reducing the number people we come into physical contact with, especially in large groups.
Therefore, as an act of self-care and of compassion for others, all of our Still Water groups have moved on line, will temporarily suspend, or, with regard to the gathering at the Friends House Retirement Community, will restrict participation to residents. A listing of the current coronavirus-related changes for each of our groups is below.
Additionally, the Still Water open will open our practice to our out-of-area friends, wherever they live. We invite you to join us in a Zoom meeting every Friday evening, 7:00 to 8:30 pm, Eastern US time. The Friday evening Zoom meeting will follow the same format as the Thursday meeting. The Zoom link is is https://zoom.us/j/415227823 (Meeting ID: 415 227 823). A more detailed Zoom link is on the Still Water website.
Still Water will also be offering “The Art of Mindful Living – An interactive online introduction to mindfulness.” Classes will be held on Zoom on the1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month, 7pm — 8pm. The Zoom link is: https://zoom.us/j/851947000. (The class description and a more detailed Zoom link is on the Still Water website).
Simple instruction for joining a Zoom group are on our website: https://www.stillwatermpc.org/joining-a-still-water-zoom-online-meeting/
Still Water Coronavirus Changes by Location
Ashton, Blueberry Gardens
- The Tuesday and Thursday morning meditation (7:00 – 8:10 am) and the Friday evening gathering (7:00 – 9:00 pm) have moved online. For more information, please contact Gene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annapolis, at Prana Yoga Studio
- The Sunday evening program is temporarily suspended. For more information, please contact Richard at email@example.com.
Columbia, Yoga Center of Columbia
- The Sunday evening Columbia Still Water sangha has moved to an online Zoom meeting (6:30 – 8:00 pm). For more information, or to join the Still Water Columbia Googlegroup, please email Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gaithersburg, Episcopal Church of the Ascension
- The Tuesday evening Gaithersburg practice group has moved to an online Zoom meeting (7:00 – 8:30 pm). For more information, please send an email to Lori at SWGaithersburg@gmail.com.
Sandy Spring, Friends House Retirement Community
- The regular Friday afternoon program will be limited to residents of the Friends House Retirement Community. Planning is underway to let non-resident participants join through a Zoom meeting. For more information, please contact Gene at email@example.com.
Silver Spring, Crossings Healing and Wellness
- The Thursday evening gathering has moved online to a Zoom meeting (7:00 – 8:30 pm). Presently, it is open to current and past participants. If you have been participating and have not received an invite, please email Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Monday, Wednesday, Friday Morning sitting group (7:00 – 8:15 am) has moved online. For more information, please contact Ann at email@example.com.
Silver Spring, Silver Spring Library
- The Still Water Spanish-Speaking group (Sangha Contemplando una Flor de Loto) has moved its first and third Wednesday evening gathering (7:00 – 8:30 pm) online. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stevensville, Still Water Kent Island
- The Wednesday evening program has moved online. For more information, please contact Linda at email@example.com.
Takoma Park, Takoma Park Presbyterian Church
- The Tuesday, Thursday, morning sitting group has moved online. Presently, it is open to current and past participants. For more information, please contact Eliza at firstname.lastname@example.org.