Sun, October 29
Sun, October 29, 5:00 pm–6:30 pm
Walk With Me (click the title for the trailer) is a documentary film that seeks to portray Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings and trace Plum Village monastics' journeys as mindfulness practitioners. According to the film's website:
With unprecedented access, ‘Walk With Me’ takes us deep inside the world-famous monastery of Zen Buddhist master Thich Nhat Hanh, and captures the life of a monastic community who have given up all their possessions for one common purpose – to practice the art of mindfulness. Filmed over three years, this visceral film is a meditation on a community determined to develop a deep sense of presence, not just for themselves but for all those they love. As the seasons come and go, the monastics’ inner journey is amplified by insights from Thich Nhat Hanh’s early journals, narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch.
The movie is a meditative experience of the seasons of monastic life. Each screening listed below will be held only if a sufficient number of tickets are pre-sold for that screening. Screenings are listed below, along with links to a website where tickets can be purchased in advance--tickets ordinarily cannot be purchased at the theater. Only the October 29 screening is being arranged by Still Water. The details may change, so be sure to check the website carefully before making your purchase.
- Fox Stadium 16, Oct. 17 in Ashburn, VA, https://gathr.us/screening/reserve/21170
- Potomac Yard, Oct. 18 in Alexandria, VA, https://gathr.us/screening/reserve/21253
- Mazza Gallery, Oct. 25 in Washington, DC, https://gathr.us/screening/reserve/21330
- Waugh Chapel Stadium, Oct 27 in Gambrills, MD, https://gathr.us/screening/reserve/21317
- Majestic Stadium 20, Oct. 29 in Silver Spring, MD, https://gathr.us/screening/reserve/21265
- Majestic Stadium 20, Nov. 16 in Silver Spring, MD, https://gathr.us/screening/reserve/21493
- Annapolis Harbour 9, Nov. 20 in Annapolis, MD, https://gathr.us/screening/reserve/21499
- Angelika Film Center, Dec. 7 in Fairfax, VA, https://gathr.us/screening/reserve/21441
Once the requisite number of tickets have been purchased to confirm the screening, you will receive an email confirming the showing. If the minimum number of tickets for that showing is not sold, you will not be charged and you will be informed of the showing's cancellation. If tickets are sold old, there is a waiting list. If there are enough people on the waiting list, sometimes another screening occurs as the same time.