Wed, September 20
- Tue, September 12 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Wed, September 13 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Thu, September 14 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Tue, September 19 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Wed, September 20 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Walk With Me (click the title for the trailer) is a documentary film that seeks to portray Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings and trace Plum Village monastics' journeys as mindfulness practitioners. According to the film's website:
With unprecedented access, ‘Walk With Me’ takes us deep inside the world-famous monastery of Zen Buddhist master Thich Nhat Hanh, and captures the life of a monastic community who have given up all their possessions for one common purpose – to practice the art of mindfulness. Filmed over three years, this visceral film is a meditation on a community determined to develop a deep sense of presence, not just for themselves but for all those they love. As the seasons come and go, the monastics’ inner journey is amplified by insights from Thich Nhat Hanh’s early journals, narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch.
Please join us to view this film and help us to bring the film to D.C. This film will come to the Washington, DC, metropolitan area this September only if enough tickets are pre-sold. Each screening listed below will be held if a sufficient number of tickets are pre-sold for that screening. Screenings will include sitting meditations before the film is shown and discussions about the film afterwards. The confirmed showings are listed below, along with links to a website where tickets can be purchased in advance.
- Wednesday, Sept. 13, 7:30 pm, Majestic Stadium 20, Silver Spring, MD
- Thursday, Sept. 14, 7:30 pm, Dulles Town Center 12, Sterling, VA
- Thursday, Sept. 14, 7:30 pm, Gallery Place Stadium 14, Washington, DC
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, 7:30 pm, Snowden Square Stadium 14, Columbia, MD
- Wednesday, Sept. 20, 7:30 pm, Fairfax Towne Center 10, Fairfax, VA
- Tuesday, Sept. 26, 7:30 pm, Germantown Regal Stadium 14, Germantown, MD
Once the requisite number of tickets have been purchased to confirm the screening, you will receive an email confirming the showing. If the minimum number of tickets for that showing is not sold, you will not be charged and you will be informed of the showing's cancellation.
We hope you can join us for what promises to be wonderful evenings.